Good morning!! Have you taken your breakfast this morning? I’ll always try to take breakfast as it gives my body the energy to work well, just like a car need petroleum to perform.
Having breakfast at Toast Box (Greenwich) after sending bb to school.
A cup of Lemongrass Lime Tea and 2 half boiled eggs are simply the energy booster I need to start the day!! So remember to have yours!!
Had a lunch catch up with my aunt yesterday at Canton Paradise. We ordered a mixture of dim sum and main dishes such as Stir-Fried French Bean, Salted Egg Prawn, Honey Glazed Pork Belly (must try!), Siew Mai, Hai Gao, Black Bean Chicken Feet, Seafood Tofu, Char Siew Chee Cheong Fun, Honey Pork Bun and drinks.
Had a great catch up and also encountered an incident at the restaurant. I want to commend the restaurant manager (Owen) and the lady server who attended to the incident without second thoughts, apologizing (although none of their faults) and standing by their duties as employees to the company. I must say the company is very fortunate to have such employees and their excellence customer services are highly commendable.
I managed to whip up a simple and decent dinner for my family last night.
Herbal Chicken Soup.
1. Chinese herbs including red dates, gouji, dried oysters and dang sheng.
2. 2 chicken legs, skinless (you can use other parts of the chicken, based on preference).
Method of cooking:
1. Remove the chicken skin and steam it for 30-60mins. Steaming helps to dissolve the fats and soften the chicken meat.
2. Bring the water added with chinese herbs to boil.
3. Add the chicken legs after they are soften into the soup and let it boil for another 30mins before serving.
1. 2 small bittergourds, sliced and seasoned with sea salt and pepper.
2. 2 eggs, beaten and seasoned with light soya sauce and pepper.
Method of cooking:
1. Heat up the pan with oil and add in the eggs.
2. Add in the bittergourds and stir-fry the mixture till it turned light brown. Serve hot!
Baked Breaded Cod Fish Fingers and Seafood Chicken
Readily available in supermarket. Bake in the oven for 20mins before serving hot!
It is never too hard to whip up a dish if you are cooking for your loved ones! So put on your apron today!!!