Have you ever bought too much eggs and cannot finish them before the expiry date?
Today, I would introduce 2 recipes which you can create with eggs.
1. Chef Mummy Tan’s Homemade Mayonnaise
- Standing Mixer
- Glass Jar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 heap tsp of dijon mustard
- 400ml of extra virgin olive oil
- A dash of ground black pepper
- A dash of salt
- 3 tsp of vinegar
- 2-3 tsp of lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp of sugar
- Beat egg yolks and mustard till well combined.
- Add olive oil by dripping one drop at a time while whisking (this would help to prevent egg yolk and mustard from separating).
- Once you get the consistency of the mayonnaise prefer, add the remaining ingredients and mixed well.
Next Up… ….
2. Chef Mummy Tan’s Homemade Meringue
- Standing Mixer with Whisk Attachment (clean your bowl & whisk with vinegar to ensure oil-free)
- Baking Sheet
- Oven preset to 120•C
- 4 egg white (ensure yolk-free) | weight your egg white)
- Caster sugar (2 times the weight of egg white) | sifted
- 1/2 tsp cream of tar tar (optional)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 tsp of lemon juice
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Add egg white and cream of tar tar. Whisk till soft peak starting from low-medium speed and adjust till medium-high gradually.
- Upon attaining soft peak, adjust to medium-low speed and add in caster sugar (spoon by spoon).
- Adjust to medium-high speed after adding in all the caster sugar and let it whisked till stiff peak (approx. 10 mins).
- Upon stiff peak, stop the mixer. Get a little meringue between your fingers to ensure all the sugar have been dissolved. If you can still feel sugar granulates, let the meringue beats for a couple more minutes.
- Once the sugar is well incorporated, add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- You can pipe or spoon into whatever shape and sizes you desire. Put it into the preset oven and bake for 70 minutes at 120•C.
Questions & Answers
How do I know if the meringue is ready?
- Once the meringue is easily removeable from the baking sheet.
- The meringue is crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. If yours is still sticky and soft on the inside, place it back into the oven and bake for another 10-30 minutes (depending on size of meringue).
How do I know if I have attain Stiff Peak?
2 methods to identify:
- The meringue holds its shape and when you try to make a tip, it stays up straight.
- Hold the meringue over your head. If it does not fall onto you, you have attain it.
That’s all for now. Leave your comments below if you have questions. Will share more recipes when I have time to get my hands free from busy handling a newborn 😜😜😜.
Do continue to support Chef Mummy Tan and follow me on instagram, facebook, twitter and google+ for daily updates of food photography.
Chef Mummy Tan