It have been a hazy Singapore for the past 2 months and it ain’t getting any better. So we try to stay indoor, especially with children and elderly in the family.
To beat the haze & satisfy the husband’s craving, I whipped up a Korean Army Stew & Watermelon “Soju” (replaced with Sprite for the children) drink.
Both recipes are easy to prepare and I’ll be sharing with you my adaption of this popular dish.
Ingredients for Army Stew:
Serve 2-3 persons
- 1 litre of water
- 1 stock cube
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of hot pepper paste
- 2 tbsp of hot water
- 2 pcs of Hotdogs
- 10 slices of Pork belly sukiyaki
- 1/2 can of Luncheon meat
- 1 cup of Carrots
- 1/2 cup of Onions
- 50g of Enoki Mushrooms
- 1/2 pc of Tofu
- 1/2 cup of Kimchi
- 12 pcs of Korean Rice Cake
- 1/2 cup of baked beans
- 3 stalks of spring onions
- 1 pack of Ramyeon
1. Place all the meats and vegetables into the pot.
2. Add the Chilli paste.
* You can add the ramyeon seasoning pack for extra flavours.
3. Add ramyeon and baked beans.
*Avoid putting too much of the baked beans sauce as it would thicken the army stew.
4. Add the stock and cook on medium high heat till ingredients are cooked.
5. Serve hot.
Next Up, it’s the Watermelon “Soju” drink that’s perfect with this spicy Army Stew & of course, to combat this humid hazy weather.
- Sprite / Soju
- Ice Cube
1. Cut the watermelon into cubes.
2. Blend the watermelon & sift it to purely obtain the juice.
Or you can simply use a fruit juicer if you have one 😜.
3. Add the same amount of Sprite / Soju to watermelon juice.
4. Add Ice Cube and serve Chilled 😋.
That’s all for now. Leave your comments below. Will try to write more when I have time to get my hands free from busy handling a newborn 😜😜😜.
Do continue to support Chef Mummy Tan and follow me on instagram, facebook, twitter and google+ for daily updates of food photography.
Chef Mummy Tan