Hi Everyone!! Hope you have a fabulous Xmas with your loved ones like I had. 2015 is almost completed and I believe many of you would be preparing for the New Year Count Down in less than 1 week time.
Today, I’ll be sharing with you the recipe of my Molten Lava Cake which is easy to prepare and you can prepare in advance. All it needs is just 10 minutes in the oven prior to serving Hot!!
# You can prepare the day before the party. All you have to do is to cover the ramekins in aluminium foil and let it chill in the fridge
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 75g of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 30g of all purpose flour
Method of Preparation:
# Preheat your oven to 230’C.
- Melt your chocolate chips and butter over a pot of simmering water. Remove from the heat once the mixture is melted and mixed.
- Add in your vanilla extract and salt. Stir and let the chocolate mixture cool slightly before adding in the eggs.
- Beat the 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks with a whisk. Then pour in the chocolate mixture gently as you whisk continuously.
- Once the eggs and chocolate is well mixed, add the flour and fold it gently.
- Butter and Flour your Ramekins to ease turning out the Molten Lava Cake onto a plate once it is baked.
- Pour your chocolate batter into the ramekin and fill it about 3/4 full as you will need to give it room to rise.
- Put it into the preheated oven at 230’C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the Molten Lava Cake once the timer rings and let it cool before turning it out.
- Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream.
Thank you for supporting Chef Mummy Tan and follow me on instagram, facebook, twitter and Google+ for daily updates of food photography.
Wishing you an anointed New Year ahead.
Chef Mummy Tan 😄