I am pretty conscious with what ingredients go into the food and beverages my little ones consume. Therefore, I choose the most challenging yet satisfying method, which is reproducing the items myself.
These are baked churro using the methodology of profiteroles. My little one often request for them as they taste good, eaten on its own without any toppings.
So for conscious mothers like me, here is the recipe to bake it out (adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking)
- 1 cup of water
- 113g of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of white sugar
- 143g of all purpose flour (sifted)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 230’C.
- Add water, butter and sugar into a saucepan. Then let it come to a simmer before adding in your flour and mix it till a dough like consistency. You know it is ready when the dough clump into a ball, detaching itself from the saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and prepare your wet ingredients (beat your eggs and add in vanilla extract).
- Add the wet ingredients in 3-4 portions for it to incorporate well with the dough.
- Once well incorporated, put the dough mixture into a pipping bag inserted with a star nozzle.
- Pipe onto a baking sheet.
- Place it into a 230’C oven for 20 mins and turns down the heat to 200’C to bake for another 15-20 mins. Once 40 mins is up, leave the churro in the oven for another 10mins (with heat switched off) before transferring them onto a cooling rack.
That’s all for today. Do check out chef mummy tan on instagram, facebook, twitter and/ or google+ for daily photo updates 😉. Cheers!!