- 1-2 cup of Korean Rice Cakes
- 1/2 tbsp of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp of Hot Pepper Paste
- 3-4 tsp of Sugar
- 2 Hotdogs (sliced)
- 1 tsp of Dried Rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- 1000ml of water
- 12 dried anchovies (head and guts removed)
- 1 palm-size dashima seaweed
Method of Preparation:
- Make your stock by adding water, anchovies and dashima into a large sauce pan. On medium high heat, bring it to a boil for 25mins.
- Strain the anchovies and dashima. Pour stock back into the saucepan. Add in the rice cake and hotdogs. Let it cook for 5 mins on medium-low heat.
- Next, mix your hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste and sugar. Add into the saucepan once the 5 mins is up (for rice cake and hotdog), together with rosemary and sesame seeds.
- Let the tteokbokki cook on medium-low heat till the tteokbokki sauce is thicken.
- Ganish with extra toasted sesame seeds and enjoy 😉.
That’s all for today. Follow chefmummytan on WordPress, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus for daily photo updates.